T: +1 716 803 5861
Always put the extra into ordinary. I am a highly motivated professional with more than twenty years experience in design, advertising, marketing, communications and customer facing positions. My depth of experience working internationally has provided me with a wide range of skills in developing brands, delivering advertising campaigns, project management and planning across a wide variety of industry sectors. My background in creative development, strategic planning, client management and an array of other communications expertise allows me to break down and build cohesive and commercial solutions that deliver results.
- Account Management & Development
- Strategic Planning & Creative Briefs
- Brand Development & Integrated Marketing
- Creative & Analytical Problem-solving
- Oral & Written Communications
- Independent & Collaborative Team Player
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Business Development & Prospecting
Startegic Brand & Marketing Consultant.
Washington, DC. May 2011 – Present
Marketing Strategy | Project Management | Content Marketing | Social Media Management | Brand Guidelines & Positioning
Professional services specializing in growth-orientated organizations. Applying international expertise to the local marketing and regional business environment. Collaborate, create and deliver consumer-driven results, brand programs, campaigns and integrated marketing solutions effectively.
- Competitor analysis, annual marketing strategy, planning, RFP’s and activation.
- Management and development of regional and international campaigns, for internal and external communications.
- Research and development of consumer insights and engagement.
- Management of marketing plans, content strategy and budgets.
- Providing creative solutions for traditional media and digital media, across B2B and B2C sectors.
- Presentation of strategic plans and project updates to board members, senior management and key staff members.
- Increased sales by 500+ following LeakDtech online campaign on a minimal budget.
- Brand identity, development of brand guidelines and brand audits
- Identifying opportunities and requirements to implement change.
Marketing Manager, Onco360.
Buffalo, NY, USA. Jan 2012 – July 2013.
Marketing Communications | Brand Management | Brand Strategy | Sales Strategy | Digital Strategy | Website Development
New York based pharmaceutical company specializing in the sale and delivery of oncology medication.
- Development of company re-brand, from OncoMed to Onco360.
- Inside sales increase of 150 percent within 12 months of the re-brand.
- Strategic planning for annual PR, email marketing, social media presence, relationship marketing and website development.
- Creation of marketing collateral for internal and external sales teams, direct mail, trade shows and merchandising.
- Lead advisory position for marketing plans, sales tracking and territory architecture to remodel budget allocations and restructure financial sales targets.
- Communicating effectively across all corporate levels, questioning and improving client service delivery.
Account Director, octOpus Advertising.
Dubai, UAE. March 2003 – May 2011. (Multiple positions held)
Client Relationships | Account Management | Business Administration | Business Development | Strategic Development | Recruitment
Independent branding and communication agency based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Multiple positions held;
2010 – 2011 Account Director Octopus Advertising
2004 – 2009 General Manager Twelve 97 Advertising, (a subsidiary of Octopus)
2003 – 2004 Account Manager Octopus Advertising
- Increased annual revenue by 25 percent at Twelve97 Advertising.
- Agency team management, business planning, forecasting, budget management, staff recruitment, training and mentoring.
- Streamlined procedures, increased sales, and agency efficiency, and never compromised integrity.
- Strong presentation delivery to clients, pitches, and relationship building with c-level executives.
- Managed multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- Market research across the MENA region, analyzed data, conducted on-the-ground research, feasibility studies, planned deliverables and presented plans and budgets to clients.
- Collaborated, consulted and inspired the board and teams to develop target audience intelligence, defined goals and created appropriate strategies.
- Marketing strategy, brand positioning, and media planning. Negotiation with public relations contractors, clients, and third-party vendors.
General Manager, Gulf Marcom
Muscat, Oman. (July 2009 – Jan 2010)
Agency Management | New Business | Brand Architecture | Media | Leadership | Processes | P&L | Budget Management
Temporary six month contract open and establish a new office for Gulf Marcom, formerly Gulf Saatchi & Saatchi, in Muscat, Oman.
- Direct reporting line to the board of Directors and agency point of contact.
- Business development, secured two annual retainer accounts, ensuring long-term financial stability to the start up.
- Agency management and thought leadership, to inspire and build agency team, external client relationships and networking with c-level executives.
- Agency efficiency, established processes, annual budgets, streamlined financial operations and built the foundations for the new office.
- Conceptualized and wrote creative briefs to jump-start work of vendors, stakeholders, and team.
- Implement, follow-up and evolve high impact strategies to target new business opportunities and markets.
- Monthly status presentations and reporting to internal stakeholders, detailing progression, P&L, goals and objectives.
Creative Director, BackLite Media.
Dubai, UAE. Nov 2000 – March 2003.
Web Development | Presentations | Brand Development | Production Management | Sales Support
BackLite Media LLC was first introduced to the UAE in 1996. It is a specialist multi-national outdoor advertising company. Having a well-justified reputation for the elegant and unique designs in the most prestigious locations.
- Developed long-term branding opportunities for lifestyle and luxury brands with immediate results.
- Consolidated several global offices into one brand with a single online presence, became the first company in Dubai permitted to build permanent advertising space in the cities busiest sections, increasing client brand awareness.
Art Director, Publicis
Kuwait City, Kuwait. (Feb 1998 – Oct 2000)
Graphic Design | Creative Development | Logo Design | Branding | Campaign Development | Presenting and Pitching
Publicis Graphics communication agency specialize in advertising, creative services, audiovisual production, digital, strategic planning and media services. Part of Publicis Worldwide Network and established in the Middle East since 1973.
- Creative lead for Turkish Tourism pitch and account win.
- Creative development for multiple international and local client accounts.
- Copy editing and writing, studio campaign management and approvals.
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom.
HND Graphic Arts (Bachelor of Arts equivalent)
Proficient in Mac and PC
Microsoft Windows: MS Word, MS PowerPoint & MS Excel
Adobe Creative Suites: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign