Highly motivated professional with more than twenty years experience in management, branding, marketing communications and customer facing positions. Working internationally has provided me with a wide range of skills in developing brands, delivering advertising campaigns, project management, and strategic planning across multiple industry sectors. Background in creative development, strategic planning, and client management allows me to break down and build cohesive commercial solutions that deliver results.
- Account Management & Development
- Business Development & Prospecting
- Strategic Planning & Integrated Marketing
- Brand Development & Creative Brief Writing
- Creative & Analytical Problem Solving
- Oral & Written Communication
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Independent & Collaborative Team Player
- Supervised all campaigns, subcontractors, external partners, focus groups, project time management and marketing budget(s).
- Prepared and reviewed all major deliverables including creative briefs, brand marketing plans, media plans and technical specs. Evaluated and approved creative and production materials, copy, layouts, digital art and coordinated client approval process.
- Integrated brand standards and guidelines into client campaigns and projects to provide messaging, design, production and execution consistency.
- Agency team lead appointed to recruit, build, develop and mentor the agency team.
- Senior Project Manager for the Pepco Capital Grid project, managed the community outreach team, conducted weekly meetings and coordinated of all aspects of the public education campaigns.
- Pepco Zoolites Campaign achieved almost three (3) million impressions with digital programmatic and social ads and nearly 11 million impressions with the Metro Bus and Rail ads.
- The University of the District of Columbia (UDC) campaign successfully increased the overall recruitment efforts at the university and allowed UDC to successfully rebrand itself. The four-month social media campaign utilizing Facebook delivered 24,598,148 impressions; 31,847 clicks; and a click through rate (CTR) of 0.13%.
Strategic Brand & Marketing Consultant, Arlington, Virginia.
Jun 2011 – Mar 2017
Communications Planning | Strategic Direction | Business Development | Content Marketing | Social Media
- Applied customer focused international experience and on the ground knowledge to deliver client campaigns locally and internationally. Measured and reported on marketing campaign performance; identified opportunities and implemented change.
- Build relationships with external partners, vendors, c-suite executives and new business opportunities.
- Collaborated and managed freelancers, external agencies, translators, photographers and printers to ensure design integrity and quality control.
- Conducted internal brand audit of the Middle East Broadcasting Network in Virginia, concluding with presentation of research findings and marketing engagement programs to senior management, leading to the implementation of customer focused campaigns across the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Developed and formulated customer focused marketing plans for LeakDtech (U.A.E), included the creation of the company brand identity, website and marketing collateral. Execute marketing strategies, PR and digital marketing campaigns to establish the CEO’s credentials and online reputation leading to a 60% customer increase within six months.
- Rebrand of oncology pharmaceutical company OncoMed to Onco360.
- Annual marketing program development and execution for PR, email marketing, digital content and media placement.
- Created marketing collateral and new website that provided a face to cancer, highlighting the treatment options available from Onco360 and the commitment to provide customer focused services.
- Lead advisory position to formulate and implement sales initiatives, performance tracking and database development. Increasing internal sales by 150% within 12 months following the rebrand.
Account Director, Octopus Advertising, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Mar 2003 – Jun 2011
Management | Business Administration | Leadership | Creative Direction | Market Planning
Independent branding and communication agency based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Positions held:
2010 – 2011 Account Director, Octopus Advertising
2004 – 2009 Partner/General Manager, Twelve 97 Advertising, (a subsidiary of Octopus)
2003 – 2004 Account Manager, Octopus Advertising
- Built profitable, lasting, working relationships with key partners and clientele to increase agency revenue year on year.
- Recruited, trained and mentored agency creative and account management teams.
- Managed marketing strategy, brand positioning, creative direction and media planning.
- Delivered client presentations, pitched creative concepts, c-suite executives and external vendor relationship building.
- Organized market research across the MENA region, analyzed data, conducted on-the-ground research, feasibility studies, planned deliverables and presented plans and budgets to clients.
- Negotiated with public relations contractors, clients, and third-party vendors.
- Worked with multiple Hospitality, F&B outlets across the region, the Jumeirah Group, Dusit, the Emirates Culinary Guild and FMCG outlet HyperPanda.
- Designed and built the first Toshiba brand shop in Dubai and in-store displays across the MENA region including all POS and marketing collateral.
Temporary six-month contract to open and establish a new Gulf Marcom office, (formerly Gulf Saatchi & Saatchi) in Muscat, Oman.
- Business development; securing two annual retainer accounts, ensuring long-term financial stability to the newly established office.
- Managed and delivered monthly status presentations and reported to internal stakeholders, detailing progression, P&L, goals and objectives.
- Spearheaded client relationship strategy and networking with c-level executives.
- Implemented and evolved high impact strategies to target new business opportunities and markets.
- Communicated directly to the Board of Directors.
- Developed long-term branding opportunities for lifestyle and luxury brands with immediate results.
- Consolidated several global offices into one brand with a single and united presence.
- Increased clients brand awareness.
- Developed creative concepts and artworks for Turkish Tourism pitch and subsequent account win.
- Directed creative development for multiple international and local FMCG clients such as Ferrero and Maggi to fast food chains Burger King, Applebees and Pizzahut.
- Wrote and edited copy, studio campaign management and approvals.